LECNY Awards and Grants
LECNY offers several opportunities for its members and their students to earn monetary awards. A description of each award is below. You can find specific information and application documents in the drop down tab for each specific award. The awards are:
1) Three LECNY Student Scholarships of $200 will be awarded to high school seniors who have shown outstanding academic excellence in the study of World Languages.
2) The Shoudy Scholarship is awarded to a high school senior from Syracuse City or Jamesville-Dewitt who plans to have a career in language education.
3) The Teacher Classroom Grant awards $100 to a teacher to initiate, develop or continue a World Language endeavor.
4) The LECNY Poster Contest awards $50 to one middle school (grades 6-8) and one high school (grades 9-12) student for posters that incorporate the National Foreign Language Week theme, "Learn a new language, gain a new perspective"
5) The LECNY Internship is intended for a graduate or undergraduate student preparing to be a World Language teacher. Responsibilities for the intern include submitting articles to the LECNY newsletter, attending board meetings, attending LECNY events and promoting LECNY at his or her college and placement schools.
2015 LECNY Scholarships
2015 NYSAFLT Winners
2015 Teacher Grant
2015 Poster Contest
2015 LECNY Intern